Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekly Challenge at Inspiration Avenue: "Tropical"

This week's challenge at Inspiration Avenue is "Tropical" and since I don't have anything new along those lines to show, I'm going to share a picture of cat Spiderman that I took while we were living in the Virgin Islands.  This was the view from our balcony- and yes, it was a WONDERFUL place to live!
This picture inspired my very first (tho' not very good ;)) altered book

 Funny looking at old work, I see all kinds of mistakes- this one was never finished and I was so excited about starting my first altered book, I didn't do a very good job of prepping it.  My son saw it was a painting of HIS cat and claimed it for his wall.....and it's been there ever since. 
Be sure to stop by Inspiration Avenue- there are sure to be tons of tropical beauties to admire.  And, hey; if you have time, submit one of your own!
Cheers,
Stephanie

8 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!
Great idea for the theme!!

Netty said...

Terrific book and it has a great place to live. Annette x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

At least you had something to show, because I couldn't even THINK of anything tropical. I loved your post and you tied it in so well with the theme, especially because you lived in the tropics for years.

Darla said...

A beautiful tropical sky. Glad to hear your son likes it and wants to display it.

Darla

WrightStuff said...

I didn't know you lived in the tropics! What a lovely painting of the sharpest looking cat. He looks very knowing! Great name too :)

I just love puss cats. I have two. We are also thinking about getting another!

Jo Murray said...

A happy cat indeed! Fancy living in the Virgin Islands for a time... lucky you. Lovely photo.

Priti Lisa said...

That photograph is perfect! and so is the artwork...kids are the best art critics...especially kids that live with you {they are honest and don't care if they make you cry.}
What a compliment from your son!
♥♥♥♥♥

Kim Collister Studio said...

I love your cat against the beautiful colored sky~ one to treasure for sure! Thanks for sharing it with us!

XO