Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Finished (mostly) with the Living Room and Dining Room!

So here it is- first the dining room- remember it was turquoise before (which my hubby recently informed me is a color he HATES!) so we kept the stripes and changed the color....
 I've had these little lamps for almost 10 years, and I've always loved the color of the (now falling apart ;)) shades so I used them as inspiration for the color....
And I'd hoped that I could make the living room (which I just repainted 2 years ago) work for a while longer, but it clashed horribly.  So I used the DR art for inspiration for the LR and we found a warm magenta/burgundy colro called Cherokee Brick- it has a lot more purple in it than shows in the pictures and I AM thrilled with the two rooms now!  Christmas has come early!


I think it's pretty funny how red this is here!
Oh well, at least you have an idea of what it looks like ;)
Cheers,
Stephanie

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow Stephanie, it all looks fabulous, like something out of one of those glossy magazines - great! Hugs, Valerie

Priti Lisa said...

Absolutely Beautiful Stephanie! I love the warm colors and all of the Art! I would love to look at your home in person, it's like a museum, but I will just be happy clicking on the pictures. It IS like looking at a magazine! ♥♥♥

Netty said...

You have a created yourselves a beautiful comfortable home Stephanie, great colour scheme and loving seeing your paintings on the walls.
Have just seen your post below of the beautiful little girl, wow I have so missed seeing your artwork. Annette x

Tara Dillard said...

Love your house.

Did you gain anymore space for yourself? No sharing!

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Its beautiful. LOVE the colors!

Maggie said...

I wish I had your energy lol! Repainting a room you just did 2 years ago! You are awesome. Your house looks like a magazine layout, and I love the new colors. I love all the beautiful art on your walls too. Everything looks gorgeous against the red, my favorite color!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to tell you how much I like the new blog banner/header. Very winterish (if that's a real word).

You have an adorable home. It is so warm and inviting. I can also see it is art driven. BTW, I remember when you redid that living room. Could it have really been two years ago? Wow, time flies.

Karen Smithey said...

I love the bold colors, and the stripes are terrific! Paint makes such a difference in a room--

Jaime Haney said...

Oh! it turned out beautifully Stephanie :)

xx Jaime