Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Palette & Paint Thursday!

It's Palette and Paint Thursday , and evidently, I'm on a roll 'cause here I am for the THIRD week in a row!  I hope to keep this trend going, because it's such a great group to be part of: :D plus it really keeps me motivated to create!
Anyways, for this week's palette, I went back to acrylics and I'm working on a little painting for the Creative Color Challenge- the color of the month is in honor of Pantone's Tangerine Tango color of the year. 
 And, here's my palette.....
 
I'll be sharing my new painting tomorrow for Paint Party Friday.  And, some pictures from art class SOON, I promise!  In the meantime, for anyone who's curious about what we've been doing in my classes; here's the link to my Artsonia Gallery.
TTFN,
Stephanie

7 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Beautiful bright palette. Your work always just sparkles when you use red themes.

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Cool blog, Miss Stephanie! I LOVE your Day of the Dead pages and pop-ups!

Maggie said...

I love this palette!

I think I like the name of Pantone's color of the year as well as I love the color itself! You inspired me to sign up for the creative color challenge. Couldn't find January's color of the month on the website, so I'm glad you mentioned it here.

I can't wait to see your painting using this palette :)

Regina said...

LOVE this months color and I'm so excited to see how you are using it. You always amaze me with how you use color...so talented and such an eye!!

OMGOSH...I love all the kiddos artwork. SO much talent to be released and they have the perfect teacher to be able to do that.

Happy Thursday Hugs,
Regi

peggy gatto said...

I love this color!!!
Can't wait to see tomorrow. I had fun with my palette which included this color too. I am a bright lover!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love the red color! Red's my favorite color and that pantone shade is one of the best in the red spectrum!

I know what you mean about the party keeping you motivated, having the goal of showing your palette, means you have to have a palette to show, which means laying out some paint, and you don't want that to go to waste. for me starting is the hardest :)

Thanks for joining the party! and I look forward to seeing the finished piece at PPF xx

Tracey FK said...

I am madly working on my piece for the colour challenge too... only just got it drawn up at this stage, but hoping to get started on it in the next day or so.... I love orange sooo much and it is the perfect choice here in this heat.... hope it sends warm thoughts your way...xx