Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

On my way to the party.....

Better late than never at all!  I almost decided to skip this week's Paint Party Friday because I just have a WIP to share.  It's for next week's color challenge at Summer of Color, it's also something you guys have seen in a wide assortment of colors because I have changed it many times! 
This is going to be my entry for Kat's round robin book in my Inspiration Avenue group of traveling art books.  I have decided that I want to be part of one of these groups at ALL times- it really forces me to stretch and grow and work outside my own personal comfort zone.  Anyway.  that said, here are my plans for finishing this.
1.There will be a strip of ribbon glued to hide the gap between papers on the right hand side
2. The mandala will be attached- I think "floating" style
3. I found a GREAT Degas quote that will go on the left side page
And I *think* I want to have some writing going around the mandala....I think!
And here are some of the previous stages of my mandala.....there were more, but I didn't bother taking pictures!
 For now, I'm off to Paint Party Friday to visit al the other artists- you should come too!
xx
Stephanie


20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE it Stephanie! Hugs, Valerie

Jaime Haney said...

So beautiful! I really love those colors Stephanie :) and your mandala compliments it so nicely. Clever idea with the ribbon. How you have time to do all you do is mind boggling ;) I miss ya!! Summer is always busy :/

minnemie said...

I'm glad you shared! I just love your layering and you dancing people.

Netty said...

Gorgeous work, loving your artworks. Happy PPF, Annette x

Irene Rafael said...

i love your take on the mandala, the colors and movement. it all works to create a happy, playful feeling.

GlorV1 said...

Really very nice layering Stephanie. It's going to be great and I love that idea about the sketchbook travelling. Last year I was going to do it and this year just couldn't again. Love your work. Have a wonderful weekend.

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great background and the people mandala pops out beautifully. :)

Tammie Lee said...

such wonderful celebrating beings! beautiful.

Tracey FK said...

next week's summer of colour is completely doing my head in... so glad yours isn't done and perfect... yet... cause I know that come next week I will be gazing at it all jealous of your talent...xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

i actually like the colors of these dancers the best of any I have seen so far. I can't believe you have changed this mandala so many times. I would have quit after the first time, but not you! You are my hero (grin).

I miss round robins, and like you, always do my best work when I'm challenged by my art friends. Your work is always superior, so you should feel proud that folks want to have you as part of a round robin. Way to go.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous mandala. I love the dancing silhouettes. beautiful!!!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous work Stephanie..I have loved this piece since you first shared it..and I am still so captivated and in love wiht it's energy and spirit..dazzling and powerful!!
Shine on!!
Victoria

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Amazing colors and form,I love your free-form Mandela with people diving in and out! The fushsea and orange combo on the otherwise empty page on the left is sooo appealing to me, like a brilliant sunset!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Glad you didn't skip this week's Paint Party Friday!
You have such a wonderful sense of design!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Carola Bartz said...

The mandala is gorgeous, Stephanie! I am always amazed off all the different sides of your art. This is so beautiful!

Karen Smithey said...

I really like the uplifted arms on the people in the mandala--

Lisabella Russo said...

The mandala is quite creative and I like the concept! I love seeing works in progress...

Giggles said...

Beautiful color, movement and style!! Just perfect for all the art challenges!

Hugs Giggles

Ginny said...

This mandala just shouts happiness. I love the movement and the colors. Thank you for sharing and for inspiring me to try something new.

JKW said...

I love that they are ladies, didn't realize it at first. I thought it was just design, but it is so much more than that. Good luck. . . I love this. Blessings, Janet PPF