Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Round Robin still goin' Round and Round.....

I'm almost ready to mail Angie's journal out for the round robin we've been doing.  I can't believe it only has two more stops before it will be on it's way home to her- amazing how time has flown!
Anyway, for Angie's (beautimous) boook, I wanted to feature a cherry tree with keeping on the theme of how we're all connected.  This led to the blossoms becoming butterflies (which she uses a LOT in her work) and here I am almost done!

I think I will change the roots to a dark blue-black and make them more distinctly into 8 separations to represent the 8 of us in this group.  Also still adding butterflies....but for the most part, it's almost done.

I love using quotes in my journal pages and I've been searching high and low for the right one to go with this page- I finally narrowed it down to three:

Always remember your roots, but don't forget that you were born to fly..."
Unknown

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
J.R.R. Tolkien The Fellowship of the Ring

"Like branches of a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.  Each of our lives will always be a special part of the others."
Unknown 


On a side note, I have to add, that while I was on my blog travels this morning, I stopped by to "see" Cheryl at Healing Woman and she just used one of her poems in a painting that also speaks of roots and growth - I LOVE these kinds of connections!!

That's all for now, got to finish Angie's book so I can get it to Maggie on time!
Hugs,
Stephanie

7 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Priti, priti!
The trunk of the tree looks like a woman's body...I guess you intended that, but it is subtle, delicately intricate. It's wonderful and just is so perfectly Angie. ♥♥♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful painting, love the idea of the butterflies and the roots growing together to a flowering tree! Hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

Terrific painting and loving all the thinking behind it. x

Tracey FK said...

this page is gorgeous... so glad you are back and busy and sharing your work...xx

Tara Dillard said...

Excited about our Friday class ! XO T

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous tree. I adore the blossoms turning into butterflies and the lady trunk. The 3 quotes are all great but my favorite is the 3rd, of course because I believe that is the way good friends are. Roots.
Hugs to you!
Tammy

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Another wonderful image, Stephanie. I love the way you've rendered the roots - they're fabulous!