Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Take a look at my beautiful present!

One of my favorite blogs I found on One World, One Heart was Creative Whispers by Laura Haviland.  I've been following her ever since.  She creates the most wonderful art dolls with stamping, painting and collage- I LOVE them!  In fact I featured her work in a prior blog post HERE.  Anyway, she recently created this doll that I loved so much, I asked if I could buy it, and she wouldn't accept payment but sent it to me in the mail instead.  I love, love, LOVE the colors in this- I AM a purple girl, and of course cats are close to my heart too!  I have this prominently displayed on my desk and it makes me smile each time I see it.  Laura is working on getting an Etsy shop up and running, and when she does, I'll be sure to blog about it.
Cheers!
Stephanie

7 comments:

Lynn said...

This is amazing, Laura is very talented isn't she?
Thanks for visiting and following along with my move, I try to visit when I can, and am sure it will be more often soon :)

Tara Dillard said...

Very wise. Knowing to appreciate something because it makes you smile when you look at it.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Priti Lisa said...

How nice! I love her and "Express Yourself" how perfect is that?
xox

Mila said...

Hi Stephanie :)
Amazing doll :)! Laura is very kind & generous person :)
Have a purple day :))
Mila

Healing Woman said...

Laura is a sweet woman. I could tell she has a heart of gold and now she has proven it.

So happy for you.

Laura Haviland said...

Sweetest "Talented" Stephanie,
What a truly lovely surprise,this means more to me than words can express.I am so gratful to have met you and our friendship.
I was so thrilled,you enjoyed your purple Kitty art doll.You truly made me smile "big" !!
Thinking of you and thank you for this lovely blog posting,so special.
Wishing you the nicest weekend.
"Purple" Big Hugs,Laura. xoxx
P.S. I just adore purple too and you ... LOL : )

Charlie said...

I love this doll. I'm gonna have to check it out. She is very talented.