Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reflections, Ruminations and Resolutions......



I've been inspired lately by all the personal reflecting and musing going down on some of my favorite blogs. Which made me think of how I've been considering my art style and possible ways of changing it and THAT led me to think about where I was this time last year in bloglandia........So, I've decided to start a new series where I'll choose one post from last year and compare it to where I am right now and where I'd like to be this time next year.
For my first post reflecting I've chosen my entry at Inspiration Avenue when I introduced my "Muse in the Garden" for the theme of Mystique........
Here's the link to that post:
http://dragonflydegignstudios.blogspot.com/2010/01/weekly-challenge-at-inspiration-avenue_23.html



This was the first of my looser, more "free" paintings and the first glimmer I had of what direction I wanted my art to move towards. I've always loved painting people- women especially and I've always been drawn to romantic art.......
So for today;
My Reflections: at this time last year, I recognized that I wanted to see a change in the art I create. I love my flowers and will continue doing them, but I also want to create more of my women paintings!
Ruminations: Right now, I have 3 pieces in the works, plus 2 on the back burner they range from 2 tulip paintings to a red heided woman to a mossy statue of a woman in a garden. I feel like this is the right direction for me- I always see where there needs to be improvement, and one goal is to not be too hard on myself......
Resolutions: In one of my most recent posts, I opened up A LOT (for me anyway) and I got so much feedback telling me that you guys enjoyed hearing the more personal side of me. I am a very shy person in general and a lot of times I have a hard time believing that anyone would be interested in hearing about my life outside of the artist part......so, I'm working on being more personal here in my blog.

I had to share this picture. I like to call it; "Cat and Mouse" :D
And that would be our cat, Latte- the family ham!
Until next time, have a wonderful day!
Stephanie


5 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Of course we like to know personal stuff!!! We are nosey!! *giggle*

It doesn't matter what kind of art you are creating, I love everything you do :)

LuLu~*xoxo

Priti Lisa said...

What goes better together than women and flowers? A new year is exciting...so full of possibility...I am glad to know you so I can watch you "bloom" this year. That kitty! I love to see a blonde kitty...She looks like a she, but maybe I am wrong.
Do you paint cats (or animals)
I never have, but I've been asked about it. I don't think I would know where or how to start, but people do love their pets...Hmmmm
And LuLu is right, we are all nosey! Personal things just make you more real!
XoXX

Maggie said...

Haha, I laughed at LuLu's comment! Yes, we are nosey!

You have so many irons in the fire ~ I have to step it up and get busy.

I love Latte with his mouse (to me he looks like a "he", maybe because I had a blond kitty once that was a boy. In fact, his name was Boy.) He looks as if he's saying "This is MY mouse, I caught it fair and square so don't touch!"

Luthien Thye said...

oh my fren :) that's really nice! i am looking forward to follow your progress this year ... i've been missing a lot of your posts of late ... but i will catch up :) and am so curious to know which personal post you are talking about ... lulu is right! we are all nosey :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For the longest time, I had two blogs. One was called "personal ramblings" and my current one. I found I didn't have time for two blogs, so got rid of the ramblings blog. One day I decided to post something called "a day in my life." The response was overwhelming. I have found that people really want to KNOW who they visit. They want to know you as a person, not an automaton or "just" a painter in your case. It brings an entirely new perspective to your blog and it's great for days when you are working on a project. So, please come out of that shell. You are among friends, or we wouldn't be here.

As for your art, I love this post. It gives me an idea about how to handle those days I have nothing to post. Looking back, looking forward is always a good way to pique my interest. Thank you (as always) for inspiring me.