Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekly Challenge at Inspiration Avenue: "Picasso"

The challenge this week at Inspiration Avenue was "Picasso" which thrilled me as he's is one of my favorites!  I love how free he was with his use of color and shapes, but his line art is truly my favorite of all his work.  So simple, yet sophisticated- and yet, so hard to emulate.  In my opinion, it's a lot harder to leave something out than to draw all the elements of something.  SO, since I have  Andrea's sketchbook sitting on my desk waiting for a July entry, I chose to do a take on Picasso's "The Face of Peace" and incorporate it into my design.  Instead of using a dove, I added stars (as a nod to Independence Day) into my drawing and used the words "Cloudy with a chance of Stars" as my theme.....
So, here's my lady:
I know, not nearly as elegant as Senor Picasso's work, but I had a LOT of fun with her!  Be sure to check out what everyone else came up with this week at Inspiration Avenue- or even better yet, make something of your own inspired by Picasso!  You have until noon Sunday to submit it!
Cheers,
Stephanie

8 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Well done Stephanie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Actually, I thought you did an excellent job with this challenge. I think it was very Picasso-esc.

Maggie said...

But it IS as elegant as Picasso's! His dove of peace is one of my favorites and I think you have captured his style perfectly here. I know it is so challenging to paint lines like that. It's wonderful!

gma said...

I really like this too Stephanie. I also like your suggestion of making it a pop up in your more recent post.

Unknown said...

This is a great piece for the theme. I love the free style and design you have created. It is a perfect example of a Picasso inspired piece, very impressive.

helena said...

beautiful free lines - a stunning piece

peggy gatto said...

Brilliant design!!!
Would be a perfect note card too(compliment)

Priti Lisa said...

Did Picasso give you a virtual HiGH FiVE? I hope so...you deserve it, this is WOW! ♥♥♥