Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

"Counting the Blessings"


So here I am finally posting an update on the pages I did in Tammy's Round Robin book for our Inspiration Avenue art exchange.  I finished these on Friday but never got around to posting until now....
So, I added a little more flesh-i-ness to her skin tone and made the moon more orange-y
 ......and added the quote.

To finish it up, I folded my painting and glued it in to be a pop up.  I know I hinted that I'd do a tut for this, but my way is so fly by night, I think it would be impossible to follow!  Basically I get a "dummy sheet" of paper and practice laying it out until the measurements fit appropriately...very scientific, huh?  However, Robert Sabuda's website has a TON of great ideas that you can use or just take inspiration from and make your own!
Have a great day!
Stephanie

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

She will be over the moon with this gorgeous work of art inn her book! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful. there's something very wistful about her pose.

Netty said...

wow this is fabulous Stephanie and so spiritual. Loving your wonderful painting and the terrific way you have presented it. Missed you at PPF and now I can see why. Annette x

WrightStuff said...

I couldn't resist.... I had to peek at at least one! This is gorgeous gorgous loveliness!

Unknown said...

sigh...she is ethereal, magical and just beautiful, Steph. Wow, is all I can say. I am one lucky lady. The numbers floating along are so perfect. 8 lovely ladies. I listened to the opera you had mentioned in your last post. How fun. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, sweet lady. I will cherish my journal.
Xo,
Tammy

Kat W said...

Wow - this is stunning & moving & gorgeous!! I love the colours, the lady, the way you've stuck the painting in, the sentiments...the whole thing! Lucky lucky Tammy.

I'm so lucky to be part of this! I'm counting my blessings for this!

Hugs
Kat Xx

Jaime Haney said...

She is beautiful! and I love all your crazy pull outs and fold ups, so cool! I'll be checking out that site for sure. Your way sounds like how I would do it, too.

Happy Birthday my Sweet Creative Sistah!
xxoo Jaime

EVA said...

So gorgeous!! I adore it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Unbelievably gorgeous. You paint SO well. And the pop up is awesome.

Priti Lisa said...

You managed to make it even more dreamy, Stephanie. That quote is perfect! The touch of red for the earth is divine. Sooo beautiful!
♥♥♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey Stephanie,

I wanted to let you know that watercolor paper will work fine. Much better than printer paper and equally as well as heavy card stock. Unless you are like me with THREE of those rubber mallets (got them at Harbor Freight with a coupon one year), you will probably use hammers. Take extra care to NOT pound on a good wood surface, like your dining room table. You might want to create a sandwich of a phone book, which will muffle the noise, a cutting board or something similar that will not dent when you use your hammers, then your paper or fabric as described in my tut. I see no reason why the kids wouldn't love this project. If you don't have a suitable area indoors, I suggest a concrete driveway or patio with proper precautions for protecting the paper surfaces. Thanks for asking.

Unknown said...

Beautiful image and a great saying.