Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

A Little More Progress....

Here's a bit more on my new painting.....the way I paint this kind of piece is to layer in the colors from the back to the front and then tighten up their color relationships.  Being a huge fan of purple and chartreuse pairings; I've made this sculpture quite a lot more purple than the original photo which was more of a golden color.....and I plan to intensify the chartreuse of the leaves next.  We'll see, these "gambles" don't always work for me!
 

Anyway, that's where I am at this point...I hope to have time to do more tomorrow- I'd love to lay the leaves in next!
Happy Monday all!
Stephanie

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic colours, the picture now has so much depth! Hugs, Valerie

Jaime Haney said...

This is looking great. I think all your paintings turn out fabulous. :)

Tracey FK said...

this is looking awesome and I can't wait for the next instalment... love the tones in the background... and the leaves at the front look amazing... and the shadows on the stone work... all very exciting... get painting girl... I want to see how it turns out...xx

Pam Tucker said...

This piece is looking fantastic! Valerie was right; so much depth to this. And you're using my favorite color palette. Love where this is going!

An'Angelia Thompson said...

It's looking wonderful, Stephanie! You're capturing the light quite nicely. Can't wait to see the finished piece! ♥