Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook; August 21, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...The sun is shining- it's gonna be a beautiful (if a little hot ;)) day!

I am thinking...that I should go for a walk before it gets too hot

I am thankful...so many things but mostly right now, I'm thankful for my family who is wonderful

In the kitchen...the coffee is brewing- yum

I am wearing...  tank top and boxers

I am creating...a painting that represents how I feel while I am quitting smoking- I read somewhere that it's a bit like a grieving process, which I thought was an interesting take...the painting is called "Preparing to Thaw" and it's about the good stuff that will come after the hard parts of quitting.

I am going...to clean my supply shelves today

I am wondering...what I want to do for our next project in art class.....one last Summer project and then on to Autumn- one of my favorite themes!

I am reading... Re-reading Practical Magic- Alice Hoffman rocks

I am hoping...to start a second art class for kindergarteners- they are so much fun to work with!

I am looking forward to...being past the hard part of quitting smoking

I am hearing...cicadas- told you it was gonna be a hot one!

Around the house...only my hubby and I are awake....

I am pondering...what to have for breakfast......

One of my favorite things...I LOVE birthday cake for breakfast!

A few plans for the rest of the week: our daughters Senior advisory meeting, art class, painting and a little cleaning

Here are a couple of pictures for thought I am sharing...my "baby's" 12th birthday was yesterday....we were joking with him that if he'd turned 12 in 2012- his birthday would be on August 20, at 12:20pm in the year 2012- that would have been kinda cool, but he decided to go ahead and be 12 now ;)



 Stop by the Simple Woman's Daybook to see what other folks are thankful for, or better yet, create your own gratitude entry!
x
Stephanie


8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice to be thanksful for the small things in life....Happy Birthday to your baby! Hugs, Valerie

Maggie said...

I hope your "baby's" wish comes true ~ he looks like he is really pondering over it!

Good for you, Steph! Good, good luck with your decision to quit smoking. I feel lucky to never have started, because I know it must be terribly hard to quit.

I have just started walking (in the a.m. when it's cooler :) I already feel better with more energy. Wish we could walk together.

Ha, I am just like you ~ I love having that first cup of coffee in the morning, with the house quiet.

Have a great Sunday!

Kat W said...

Lovely reading your gratitude list - made me feel like you'd rung me for a chat over yummy chocolate cake breakfast :-)

Your 'baby' boy Birthday photos are gorgeous. They grow so fast our babes. Every moment needs to be treasured (although the bad attitude/tantrum moments are harder to treasure than others. Lol.)

Hugs
Kat Xx

Netty said...

Your young man has got a good head on his shoulders..........lol
Good luck with the non smoking. I wish I had enough will power to quit. xx

Victoria said...

Such a beautiful post and lovely pictures! Conrats on everything and wishing you many sparkles!
victoria

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoy reading your random thoughts for the day. It is always fun to get your perspective on the day and your take on life in general. Good luck quitting smoking. When I quit, I gained 60 lbs and have only managed to take off 25 or so over the last couple of years.

Your son looks SO intent. Looks like a great birthday cake. Wish I had a piece right now. Yes, I crave sweets like crazy.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

lovely thoughts, lovely blog. I love birthday cake for breakfast, too!!
thx for stopping by my blog.

Healing Woman said...

Love your title and thoughts on "A Simple Woman's Daybook." My son is quitting smoking right now too so I can imagine a bit what you are going through. It will be worth it for you to quit smoking and see that 12 year old turn into a man with his own 12 year old. I'm thinking of you in your plan.

I love birthday cake for breakfast too. Only thing better is leftover pumpkin pie and cool whip!