Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Palette & Paint Thursday

Wow, I bet you didn't expect to see two posts from me in one day!  But here I am again!  I'm doing a series of small paintings for our upcoming Spring Home Show.  And this is the second one I've started. You'll see the first one tomorrow at PPF....Anyway, I've been wanting to paint this for a couple years now.  I took this picture at the Atlanta Flower Show a while back
Obviously, this is still very much in the rough stages- I just wanted to share where I'm at right now!

and of course, I must share my palette...

Be sure to stop by Tracey Potter's blog to see the other pretty palettes in this fun weekly blog party!
That's all for today (I promise ;))
Stephanie


8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice work, love seeing WIPs! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow... I see the painting will become one of my favourite.. I love the colors you choosed!

Great Spring-Impression pictures are here below... oh wow.. how pretty... we have had three cold days with sun and today winter is back with snow and rain.
I am in Austria in the Quater Forrest..always a bit colder than in the ather regions of Austria.

Shelinwa said...

OH I remember this pic how cool that you are painting it!!! Very cool can not wait to see the outcome!! I knoe it will be GREAT!!

Netty said...

Am sure its going to be fabulous like all your artwork........but methinks kitty in the window wants you to paint him by the expression on his face. x

Unknown said...

This is going to be a wonderful painting, you are already off to a great start! Your colour choice is lovely and the composition superb. I like seeing how you work up a painting. Thanks for sharing.

Fallingladies said...

This is starting off lovely! Can't wait to see more....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think you are going to do well with this one, Stephanie. I am impressed that you used one of the views from the Atlanta Flower show as your inspiration. Soon it will become an offering in your Spring Home Show. Coming full circle, maybe. BTW, is that Mojo peeking in the window?

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Lovely, Stephanie! Reminds me of being at the Cleveland Botanical Garden last spring. Your garden photos are gorgeous too!