Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Touch of Springtime....


 I wanted to share some garden pictures for Silent Sunday, but I had to charge my camera battery and by the time it was ready, the weather had changed from warm and "Springy" to cold and blustery!  The next day it was rainy and then it was cloudy, but today; dawned beautiful and sunny and here I am, finally able to share some early signs of springtime.....

 from the "bridge" of my dry creek...

 this is an old fashioned double white azalea with a green throat- I'd love to find more....


 From the other side of the "creek"- I just expanded this bed; the irises were taking over!

 Columbine, Foxglove and of course, Irises!

 From inside my arbor, you can see Clematis, Butterfly Bushes and Various Roses climbing to the top-
 I can't WAIT!

Irises, Daisies and a Purple Smoke Tree at the edge of my dry creek....

And of course, my neighbors probably think I'm nuts at this time of year, because I must go wander the garden at least two or three times a day just in case anything has changed!  Of course it hasn't, but that doesn't stop e from looking!
Hope your weather is as gorgeous as mine is here!
Have a beautiful day!
x
Stephanie

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I hope you will show us more pics when everything is growing and blooming! Lovely to have a garden, and waiting for something to happen is always very exciting! I am desperate for spring just now! Hugs, Valerie

Carol said...

Your garden is lovely! I walk mine constantly too. Just connecting to my garden make me feel good.

EVA said...

Your yard looks lovely! Mine is still very much covered in snow...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am having a love affair with your garden. I would love to have the energy and money I need to make mine look as good as yours. I may be dreaming, but that whitish looking plant at the base of your arbor looks like rosemary. Regardless, it is lovely. And of course, I want to sit in your garden with you as spring turns warmer and drier. Love this space.