Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

HALLOWEEN in Art Class.....

In art class, we've finished one Halloween project and started on another.  The first is one of my favorites; "Abstract Jacks" and it's a great way for them to learn shading and how to draw 3D......
They started by drawing their Jack o'lanterns BIG and included the directional lines of the pumpkin skin.....


 Then we used water to remove some of the paint creating highlights....
 And more paint to create shadows.....
And filled the inside with black for contrast.....
 For our second project, they wrote "Boo ya'll" in bubble letters and cursive and finished them with many, many Halloween-ish illustrations.  We'll be doing more on these today plus beginning Sarcophagi Cats!

I'm off to visit all my bloggity friends!
xx
Stephanie
I'll be back soon to share my garden done up for Halloween.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! What fun the girls are having. It looks like they have a knack for it too. You must be a great teacher.

Jaime Haney said...

What fun!! I especially love the up close Jack O Lanterns! Great idea Teach ;)