Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP on the traveling journals

It's nearing the end of the month and that means time to get my current pages wrapped up for the traveling journal project.  This month, I have Maggie's beauty celebrating grays, yellows and oranges.  So, I decided to revisit an old friend of mine; the pencil.....that led to drawing a lady, backed by a flower. 
I always forget how much I LOVE drawing until I pick up my pencils- I have been having SO much fun with this!  To add in the orange part of my task, I'll be doing a cut out to give her a warm background and add a splash of color to her cheek.  And then, this little lady will be on her way for Gemma to add the final pages.  That's right, one month left and all the journals begin their homeward journey.  Can't wait!

That's all for now,
xx
Stephanie

6 comments:

Carmen said...

She's a stunner!

Kathy said...

Beautiful Stephanie...

Pennystamper said...

This is gorgeous and what a lucky journal owner!

Jaime Haney said...

No wonder you love the pencil, it clearly loves you back! That face looks familiar... is that drawing based on Caroline? So gorgeous Stephanie! Wow, all those books going back to their owners, how nice.

xx Jaime

WrightStuff said...

Oh this is totally dreamy - she will be amazing!

Maggie said...

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this yesterday?! This flower-maiden is STUNNING!!! Love love LOVE that you did her in pencil, the detail and the softness just make my eyes want to gaze at her all day. I can't wait to hold her in my hands (soon, I know!).

She is so pretty, and looks as if she is contemplating something. Perhaps wondering if she should make the leap from mortal to faerie realm... It looks as if some of the flower petals might be the beginning of small faerie wings!

I will always cherish her ~ thank you Steph for this beautiful addition to my journal! p.s. You should definitely pick up the pencil more often, although I know there are only so many hours in the day [sigh] and your paintings are utterly amazing too!

Maggie
xoxo