Beginning in April, Stephanie Mealor Corder is offering semi-private art lessons from her home studio in Winnona Park. Her program is based on teaching the elements of art through traditional techniques while encouraging imagination and creativity resulting in some beautiful art! (To learn more about Stephanie, please see her profile on the left sidebar.)
|Blind Contour Orchid The children did a line drawing of an orchid with oil pastels and then painted in the background|
- 90 Minute Classes- Spanning 6 Weeks
- each lesson period begins and ends with sketchbook art which includes imagination prompts, preliminary work and "free art"
- a variety of watercolor techniques will be explored
- Each child will produce 3 Quality Art Projects in the theme of "Spring"
- Classes are $240 for the 6 weeks session (or $40 per week) payable in advance
- Supplies are included in the fee
- Classes are limited to 6 children per session with age range of 6-8
|"Musical Art" Art in the format of musical chairs- a fun way to warm up for the day!|
1. the Most important thing to me is to get the child excited about creating art- get that passion for creating in place, and the rest will follow
2.I'm more interested in quality rather than quantity-
all projects are done with top quality materials, designed to last- no fading construction paper here nor yet any Popsicle sticks either!
3.The elements of art are as important to my projects as is exploring the magic of art- I love to hear the kids say, "Oooohhh"
|"In Your Face" Do YOU see the faces? These were profile portraits that the kids glued down to create the illusion of a vase.|
I am SO excited about this!