Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sisterhood of the Traveling (Sketch) Books

My friend Jaime at Artsyfartsyme is hosting a Round Robin of sketchbooks and she still needs 5 people to sign up!  I'm posting about it for several reasons, ONE- since I basically hounded her until she set it up, I feel like I should help in any way I can:) plus the fact that I WANT to help! TWO- I'm super excited about it and want to get started ASAP and THREE- she only needs 5 more people to get going!
 Altered Journal by Design 4 U
So here's the low down:
  • We are going to have 10 open slots for this first time around (plus me and Jaime equals 12)
  • The theme is the 12 months of the year
  • Jaime will assign each person a month to create a 2 page spread based on the month they've been assigned
  • We will each need to purchase a new sketch book for this project (we'll be mailing these, so keep size and weight in mind for mailing purposes.) 
  • Each month, we'll mail the sketchbook we've been working on to the next person on the list
  • At the end of the 12 months, we'll receive our original sketchbooks filled with art for each month of the year!
Exploration Journal by Altered Alchemy
    It might sound like a lot of work- but really it's not- it's one 2 page spread a month- plus if we just do variations on our designs for each spread- then we don't have to come up with a completely new design for each sketchbook!
    I'm planning on making mine into a garden journal with pages between each month for notes, plans and pictures........
    don't you want to have a Round Robin sketchbook too?  Oh and one more thing- it's going to be international- two of the artists are from the UK and Australia- how COOL is that?
    So if you're interested, pop over to this post at Jaime's blog to sign up- but hurry, there are only 5 slots left!
    TTFN,
    Stephanie
     
    Altered Journal by Vintage Snaps and Scraps



    5 comments:

    Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

    Great post Stephanie! Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

    I love these samples you're showing... nice touch.

    Fallingladies said...

    I just went over and signed up, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so that I saw this...
    -Andrea

    Fallingladies said...

    oh, and thanks for the comment on that book, who wrote the book you said was your favorite for the year, that one sounds like something I should check out?

    Kiki aka Victoria said...

    Very cool..shine on..and enjoy!!

    Luthien said...

    awww... thanks for showing off my journal! you are an angel!! Tammy's journal is pretty awesome isn't it! i always love her journals! and that competition sounds pretty exciting ... hope your 5 slots get filled up real soon :)