Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Time to get back in the saddle.....

So we got home yesterday morning after a really fun week in the mountains of North Carolina.  I personally was dreading our return because it tends to be about ten degrees cooler in NC and our last couple of days  there were hot enough to warn us that Atlanta would not be so pleasant.  And it is HOT here again with temps in the upper 90's each day!  Tho not as hot as it is for my Texas friends......
Anyway, I thought I share some pictures of our week.....
We were staying in Montreat which is just outside Black Mountain.....I've just about decided there is no such thing as a good picture of me anymore, lol!

Emmie taking a break on the way to Crabtree Falls....

Bill and Garrett at Crabtree Falls

This is my favorite picture I took- the sun was just starting to set and the fog had started to roll in.....I really think I could live in a place like this!

My nephey-poo Porter

Me and Emmie rollin' down the river

Garrett at the overlook of Linville Falls

Garrett on the trail leaving Linville Falls

I thought this was so funny- we'd stopped for water on our way home, and I noticed this sign.  After Bill, Emmie and I all took pictures, the store owner came stomping out to remove the lettering.  Bill was wondering if we'd perhaps stumbled upon the secret of what makes North Carolina BBQ so good.....?

So that's what "I did for my Summer vacation" I probably won't have time for much painting this week with school starting next week and all the preps for the Saturday market.  I'll try to catch some pictures of our garden to share updates and what progress I've made on the zinnia painting.  It now has a background.....:)
Cheers,
Stephanie 

9 comments:

Healing Woman said...

What a great place! Those Crabtree Falls alone would be worth the trip. I'm fortunate enough that I do have a view like your mountain picture. Living in the shadow of the Blue Ridge Parkway is glorious. You do have Stone Mountain-are you close to that?

Looks like you had a great trip. I was glad to see your post since I also just got back from my long UK vacation.

Look forward to more flower pictures of yours. Especially since the ones around here have just about all dried up from the 100 heat!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I so enjoyed the lovely photos of your trip. It looked delightful and surprisingly cool. Guess it was the weather. I was in awe of your favorite photo, too. For some reason, I have never been any good at catching fog as it rolls in. Yours could win a photography contest.

I really laughed at the sign. Sounds like the store owner was hot under the collar. Makes me glad I'm a vegetarian (grin).

Glad you are back safe and sound. It's hot here, too, with heat indexes in the triple digits every day. I can't believe your kids are going to start school next week. Whatever happened to summer?

LuLu Kellogg said...

LOL, that sign is too funny!!

Glad you had a wonderful time dear!!

LuLu♥

Luthien Thye said...

wow!! such a beautiful place! esp the photo of the ravine you took ... that's breath taking! the sign is too funny ... do have any idea what it was actually suppose to say?

aww... sorry for the HOT weather ... i can definitely sympathize with that. but you know what ... autumn is gonna be here soon :)

Maggie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! It looks like a magical place you visited. I love North Carolina.

The sign is too funny. What was it supposed to say??

Charlie said...

Oh my gosh! such great pictures! I'm sure you had a wonderful time. It's hard to come back home after vacation.....for so many reasons.
You know..... it's hot here in Texas, but not as hot as last year. It actually has been very pleasant. To me anyway.

Plumrose Lane said...

What a fun trip you had and that sign is just too funny! Loved your favorite photo too and yes!! I could totally live there. ;D
Hugs♥

Mila said...

What a wonderful places you visited! Maybe I could live there :)!
Welcome back at home Stephanie :)
Hugs,
Mila :)

Priti Lisa said...

So good to hear you had a fun, relaxing family vacation. I didn't realize school starts so early in GA. You have to go from zero to 60...bleah.
xox