Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's UP in the Studio- Decisions, decisions......Part Two

Happy Wednesday peoples in blogland!  Sorry for the "overly enthusiastic" greeting;  I'm trying (and somewhat failing) to muster enough energy to make it through this week......we're headed for the mountains on Sunday for a week of r & r (in hopefully cooler temps than the the 90+ degrees we've been dealing with).  And something about the week before vacation always makes me feel more tired than I thought I was.  I think I'm just ready for a break!  My stack of books are on their way, I'm off to pick up a new puzzle for us to pack with our games.....I'm just READY for a time out and a week of eating, playing, sleeping and reading!
For now, here's a picture of my desk in it's current state of chaos.....my "to do" list with my phone, my inspiring art doll from Laura Haviland and of course Peri is trying to inspire me to action with his a-muse-ing self :) and last, but not least; my new canvas. 
As you can see, I decided on the zinnia- well, really I decided on doing all of them, but first the zinnia.  I'll be bringing canvases with me on vacation to map out the other two paintings on so they'll be ready for me instead of the other way around....
On a final note, I include my son and all his drama for your viewing pleasure......
Cheers and Happy Hump Day,
Stephanie
P.S. I have to add that amazingly, just blogging about feeling tired somehow gave me a little more energy.  Thanks and love to all my bloggy friends for your daily inspiration and encouragement!




11 comments:

Tara Dillard said...

Lucky you, out of this heat for a few days.

Safe trip & wishing you many moments of joy filling the spiritual well of your prodigious talents.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Priti Lisa said...

Have a relaxing vacation, Stephanie...can't think of anyone who deserves it more!
Boy, your little man is CUTE!

I just got a laugh at your last post...I had a feeling that rooster was gonna be trouble!
XO

Laura Haviland said...

Oh my friend Sweetheart Stephanie.
That just makes creating art more magical,know you enjoyed you kitty art doll.Then even more special because of our art, we have become dear friends.
I just adore the picture of your desk,that is priceless. I love it, your cat is so beautiful.(such an artful photo) I wish you a safe and lots of rest vacation. I love your drawing of you Zinnia, Wow marvelous !!!
Lastly what a fabulous picture of your wonderful son, what a star he is !!!! He is adorable...
Thanks for sharing,you made my day.
Miss you have an amazing time, Love Laura xoxx
P.S. Your so awesome !!!

Mila said...

I wish you a great, relaxing and painting time Steph :)!
Hugs,
Mila :)

mermaiden said...

i always find there's so much extra work to be done before you can go on vacation, that i am utterly exhausted the first day away! enjoy your time off :D

Luthien Thye said...

wowee!! a mountain vacation :) enjoy yourself my fren :)) you know it's funny when you say you're tired just before a vacation ... i'm just the opposite, i'm always tired after one. i need a vacation to recoup from the vacation!!

Lynn said...

I am so happy for you, just have a peaceful relaxing break from this heat and rejuvinate :) I feel as though I need to have a week of exactly the type of thing you said too. First off the heat this summer is killing me with these hot flashes, and second, after all the months of packing, moving and now unpacking I am just drained. Maybe I will have more energy now I got it all out too *giggle*
Just have fun, looks like your son is ready to go :)

Maggie said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing time! You sure deserve a break!!

I think your son sums it all up for everyone. He's darling!

Gifts of Creation said...

I just found your art on ETSY, you do beautiful work!

Charlie said...

Have a great vacation! Gets lots of rest if that is possible.lol! Somehow I always come back from vacation more tried then before I left.

Dianne said...

Just found your blog! I absolutely love your flower paintings... They are very O'Keefe and Van Gogh "ish"... very unique... beautiful...