Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

What's UP in the Studio- Decisions, decisions......

Russet Zinnia with Diffused Glow 
G'morning all!  I haven't been around much this week; between cleaning up from our 4th of July party and having to return the rooster to my brother.  He would NOT stop crowing (the rooster, not my brother;)) and the neighbors were beginning to complain- understandably so!  Anyway, there's not been much time for art or blogging about art around here.  SO, I'm planning to begin my next painting on Monday and that's where I could use some help!  I can't decide between these photos- some of them I took this Spring and some are from last year....not that THAT helps me decide in any way!
"She's got Legs"

Admiral Constantinople Tulip
I'll just call these "Sunflowers 1 & 2"
Anyway, you can see my dilema.  I have canvases that would work beautifully with each of these dimensions, but I just can't decide which direction to go in........I've been craving zinnias, but I love the red with those sunflowers....and as for the tulip, I've already done a painting from that series:

but I wasn't very happy with it, and I'd love to really capture the intensity of those colors this time......Any suggestions or remarks on preferences would be great!
Thanks and cheers!
Stephanie

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Decisions, decisions! I live in the Sunflower State, so I guess that's why I would prefer the brilliant and bold colors of the tulip. There's more opportunity for varied color and shading there, I think. The sunflower is too monochromatic. Just my opinion, of course.

Have a great weekend, although I bet you're baking and wrapping, baking and wrapping right now.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Whatever you decide to paint will be lovely....I adore everything you paint!

LuLu♥

artangel said...

Tricky one! I do love the tulip, but if you wanted a change the russet zinnia would make a wonderful painting I think. Agree with LuLu though - whatever you choose to paint it will have the Stephanie magic :)

Mila said...

Good morning you too Stephanie :)
My favourite is the first flower, "Russet Zinnia" as you can focus your attention in a "few" but fantastic details like the differents highlights :) I love them!
Of course, I agree with the other girls as whatever you will paint, will be a great paint!
Have a wonderful day,
Mila :)

Yvonne said...

I totally agree with Lulu! Whatever you choose will be magnificent, as usual :)

Maggie said...

I know this is no help, since no one has claimed sunflowers yet, but I adore sunflowers! I love the softness of the photos, since sunflowers are usually bright and bold, this is a little different.

But as everyone said, anything you choose will be wonderful!