Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..............


I've been in a decorating frenzy for the last week and everything except hanging the outside lights is DONE, with the exception of my constant tweaking and adjusting!
I couldn't resist posting some photos as I've been really enjoying looking at my friend's blogs with all their wonderful Christmas submissions.....
SO, HERE WE GO!


The apothecary chest was one of my roadside finds, and is now one of my favorite things!  I *do* have to constantly remove chipping paint from the sideboard, but it's totally worth it!


Decoration atop the apothecary chest....


I adore Santas~ My Mom got this one for my Christmas present a few years ago, and he always has a place of honor in my decorations!



Some close ups from my tree......



This is a section from my mantel which my Mom and I decorated with a beautiful log and greenery, and then accented with bits and pieces like these antlers holding a bird's nest and the stone lion's foot borrowed from my garden.....click on the pic for details


The other end of my mantel adorned with my son's favorite thing~ his stocking holder Christmas countdown!


This is probably my favorite this year ~the mannikin is always present in our house, part of whatever seasonal decorating I have going on.  And I LOVE how it looks in the candle-light!


OK, that's enough for now, even tho I could add so much more!  I'll do another posting of the outside lights for those of you who like "tacky ole' lights" just because I love them so much......
Cheers!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Stephanie, your house looks gorgeous and so festive! Great photos!

I have not hit my "decorating frenzy" yet, don't know why. The outside of the house is decorated, the tree and mantel are done; it makes the room a little lopsided, since the tree is right next to the fireplace! So just from an artistic point of view, I guess I'd better get the rest done lol!

Luthien Thye said...

wow!! stephanie!! i love your decorations, it looks like something out of a storybook with fairies and elves becos there's so much flora and fauna, only it's got the perfect christmas flavor :)) i just love it!! and i have to agree with you wholeheartedly on the apothecary chest. that piece is absolutely gorgeous :)) peel away!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Stephanie...everything looks so beautiful. I love the chippy cabinet!
LuLu~*xoxo

Felicia Kramer said...

Everything looks absolutely lovely, Stephanie. You have wonderful taste with your decorating, but I would expect nothing less ...

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the great comments, and Luthien; all elves and fairies are welcome in my home:) I miss the days when my children and I would leave pressies for them in the garden...........