Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekly Challenge at Inspiration Avenue-Imagine

For my weekly submission at Inspiration Avenue, I finally got smart and something separate from my usual paintings that just take too long right now with everything else going on in the holiday season.
I've been wanting to start a series based on the antique mannikin I have, that I think is SO neat, so, here's my first piece of my new series:


"The Flying Lesson" 
The background of clouds and birds is painted with acrylics; then, I painted the mannikin on some recycled book pages and collaged her in. 
Hope you like it!

11 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Stephanie! I LOVE this! It's lighthearted and whimsical....just perfect.

LuLu~*xoxo

Yvonne said...

Ohhhhhh, this is FABULOUS, Stephanie! LOVE IT!

artangel said...

I adore this Stephanie - it's so spiritual and beautiful! x

WrightStuff said...

This is gorgeous and spot on for the theme - imagination taking flight on wings of fancy! Your paintings are all incredible.

Unknown said...

This is so cool, Stephanie! It is so much fun doing these challenges because they make you creep out of your comfort zone. Love the first in your new series.
Xo,
Tammy

Luthien Thye said...

this is so cool stephanie!! it's really childlike and whimsical and brings such joy!! i like it that you are stepping out of your norm and letting your imagination free! i can't wait to see the rest of your series!! Woohoo!!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys, that's what I love about these challenges too! It's so easy to get "stuck" in your comfort zone- I still love doing my flowers, but I've been wanting to start this for a while, and as far as I'm concerned, I have IA to thank for it!

pat said...

what a cool "imaginative" outside the box piece. isn't it funny...all the wonderful collage work done by IA artists is inspiring me to start working on collages. something i've never done before. IA Rocks!

Priti Lisa said...

I Love this piece. It reminds me of a quote:
"What do I need legs for, when I have wings to fly?"
Of course Frida said this...who else?
xox, Lisa

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I might NEED to use that quote in another piece; LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Stephanie, SO gorgeous! I love how you created the manikin in a separate technique!